'THE JUDGE' CASTING EXTRAS MAY 18TH IN THE BOSTON AREA...SEE INFO BELOW!Get this Widget

Monday, September 10, 2012

More Jennifer Lynch Q and A on 'Chained'...

DEFINITE SPOILERS!
  'Vincent is easily one of the coolest guys you will ever meet. He's everything you want him to be. He was my first choice for this, absolutely. There was talk about other people like a Phillip Seymour Hoffman and that was almost too obvious for me. Nothing against Phillip...it just felt a little too easy. Vincent was my first choice, I sent him the script and he called me the next day and said 'You know we know each other' and I said 'Yeah, I remember meeting you'. 'You didn't hire me the first time...are you going to hire me this time?' After getting over my initial horror at Vincent remembering me and not hiring him, we just shot the shit and starting having a conversation. He said, 'Well, I really want to do this' and I said, 'OK, let's make a movie.' He is the kindest, smartest, funniest, warmest man ever and has sort of made himself my older adopted brother for which I am incredibly grateful. Great fuckin' guy...amazing. And, brave as hell; he did things for me and entrusted me I can hardly believe. At one point I asked him to do something that wasn't planned and he sorta thought of it for a minute and said, 'I'll do it once' and I said 'OK, I'm going to shoot it.'

Published on Sep 9, 2012 by 
The Q&A after presentation of Jennifer Lynchs movie Chained on the big screen at the Fantasy Filmfest in Germany.

Sorry for the bad video quality.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Thanks so much for this, I only got around to watching it today. I really enjoyed hearing Jennifer describe how she worked with Vincent, and the young actors. I even liked hearing people criticise the movie, all opinions are interesting and valid. So funny hearing the man in the audience describe Vincent as fat. He'll always be a sexy teddy bear to me. I can't wait to see this movie, I have pre-ordered, and am counting down the days. Just a shame it takes two weeks to get to Australia.