'THE JUDGE' CASTING EXTRAS MAY 18TH IN THE BOSTON AREA...SEE INFO BELOW!Get this Widget

Friday, August 31, 2012

Interview with Jodi Sadowsky of 'Chained'...

MATT J. HORN WORDPRESS

I recently got the chance to talk to Jodi Sadowsky about her role in ‘Chained’. Here, Jodi talks about what it was like working with the cast and crew on-set and how she got into acting in the first place…

Hey Jodi. Thanks for taking the time out to talk to me about your new film, ‘Chained’.
What’s the general plotline surrounding the film?
Bob a cab-driving serial killer stalks his prey on the city streets. He abducts 9-year old Tim and his mother. The mother is killed. Tim is kept as a chained slave, forced to bury the bodies of the women Bob drags home. A reluctant protégé Tim must make a life or death choice between following in Bob’s footsteps or breaking free from his captor.
Tell us a bit about your character and involvement in the movie…
I play the ‘Bound Woman’, a victim of Bob (the serial killer). I can be seen watching TV with Bob and Tim. I won’t tell you what we’re watching, but it’s intense. And yes I am ‘bound’ as the ‘Bound Woman’.
How did you get involved in the project in the first place?
I’m an actress living in Regina, Saskatchewan and so often audition for the films being shot in the province. On this particular film however I was also a reader during the audition process. Therefore I was fortunate enough to be able to be in the room with Jennifer Lynch during these auditions. As an actor, I find that being a reader is a great learning experience. It is also very informative in terms of ones own auditioning and the process that goes along with that. It was great fun to be apart of this particular auditioning process. Jennifer Lynch has a great personality, is funny and laid back. She makes everyone feel welcome – a great thing to feel in an audition. I was truly honored when I was offered a role, it was unexpected, very unexpected.
How would you say this film is different and unique?
I’ve not seen the actual movie yet I’ve only read the script. Lots can change from written script to edited movie. However from the script, it’s very dark. There were moments that I actually had trouble reading. It is frightening as well, but not in a graphic sense. What the audience is left to imagine that’s what makes it frightening. Less is often more. It also shows how a monster is created and why he does what he does. I’m really looking forward to seeing the final film.
The film stars Vincent D’Onofrio, Eamon Farren, Julia Ormond, Gina Philips, Jake Weber, Conor Leslie, Evan Bird and Shannon Jardine – with Jennifer Lynch onboard as director – what was it like working with the cast and crew on-set? Any good anecdotes?
I was on set with Vincent D’Onofrio and Eamon Farren. They were both very kind and professional to work with. Made me feel very safe and at ease. Jennifer Lynch was also great to work with, as was the crew. READ ENTIRE INTERVIEW HERE

No comments: